Saturday, April 2, 2011

Day 24 - 341 Days to go

Greg and I walked at my in-laws today.  They live on the end of a road with only a few houses so walking at their house means walking down the hill to the mailbox and then walking back up the very steep hill.  I can't even remember how far it is, but it feels far.  We walked with Coalie and met a couple of cars and dogs along the way.  One dog was very sweet and had a huge chunk of cactus stuck to her back foot.  Luckily, Greg got it out for her.  It was sunny and hot.  We stopped to look at the brochure of the house for sale.  It has views of the valley and Mt. Sopris, 5 Br's, 7 Ba's, a 1380 square foot studio and according to the brochure you will be astounded with the calmness and serenity it offers.  It is listed for $3,333,000.00.  It better offer a lot of serenity for that price.

We spent most of the day playing.  Greg, Lexi, Alex, and Logan played football and rode 4-wheelers while Abby rode bike. Neither Abby or I could watch the tackle football.  Alex got hit pretty hard several times and he just kept jumping up for more abuse.

Later we walked with our friends from London in Basalt.  We met at the Cafe Saxy and walked to the park and back.  We had a great  dinner at River Front Grill.  We have been lucky enough to see our friends once a year when they come to Colorado for skiing.  Mandy and I met 22 years ago in London.  It's a great story that I will tell another day.  We have been friends so long that now our families are friends and the kids think they are related.

Abby and Erin - the next generation of best friends
I called my mother-in-law and talked to her for an hour.  I told her we were missing her and she laughed.  She is so feisty.  I can't decide which Grandma Abby takes after, but I'm thinking it's both of them.  She is definitely strong, stubborn, and feisty - just like her Grandma's.

No comments:

Post a Comment