Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 27 - 338 Days to go

I walked with about 30 people today - most of them were children.  Last night Abby reminded me of her second grade class field trip.  She was really excited to have me use it for my daily walk/blog.   We walked from school to the Botanic Gardens, all around the gardens, to the park, and back to school.  I was surprised to see so many flowers blooming already.  We spent some time in the tropical paradise area and imagined ourselves in Mexico.  We also spent some time sitting on the grass at the amphitheater watching the children run and play.  It made for great visiting and for soaking up the 70 degree sunny weather. 

I feel so blessed to be able to go on field trips with our children.  I love getting to be with my children during the day and seeing the rest of the children in the class.  I also love seeing the parents and getting to catch up with them. 

Going to the gardens reminded me of Logan and his choir being a part of the ground breaking ceremony for the new children's area last summer.  Which, of course, reminded me that we are missing Logan this week.  I was telling someone that it feels so strange to have a member of the family gone - especially when he's probably the nicest person in our family.  If Logan is the nicest, Abby is probably the most thoughtful.  Today I watched her find her friend's shoes, keep track of her walking partner, and make sure the boys didn't get too close to the street.  When someone in our house is sick, Abby is the best nurse.  She brings food, drinks, blankets, and stuffed animals to the sick one.  She rubs heads and writes love notes to us all.  She has a huge heart.  Her teacher summed it up very well for us when he said, "Abby is the first one on the scene when someone gets hurt, but you don't want to ever cross her."

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? And good to catch up. I found your blog and am excited to keep tabs on you! Thanks for telling me about it. Happy walkablogging!

    ReplyDelete