Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 30 - 335 Days to go

Wow, a month of walking already.  I worked until I saw the sun start to set from my desk with a view.  I'm so lucky to have an amazing view of mountains, city, and golf course.  I talked Greg, Abby, and Coalie into walking the golf course with me tonight.  Logan is home finally from choir tour, but he chose to stay and play basketball with the neighbors.  He had a great time on tour.  The first thing he said when we picked him up was, "I'm so glad I'm in a big city again."  We are so glad he's home with us again.
Abby anxiously awaiting Logan's return...

When the kids walk the golf course with me, we like to imagine that we are in a different world called, "Porshka."  There are unicorns, gnomes, and trees with personalities.  Tonight, Abby created a new creature called a "Rahrabian."  Ten drops of it's blood on your tongue can kill you.  They are usually small and white and fly close to the ground.  We found 5 golf balls and lost 1.  Coalie played fetch with the fluorescent green ball.  He got so tired, I told Greg that he may have a heart attack.  Greg said, "That's okay, we'll just carry him home and bury him next to the birds."  Sometimes he has a very warped sense of humor.

When we got home, we joined the kids for some basketball aka alleyball.  The funny thing about living on a very busy street is that the alley is our way to connect with the neighbors, ride bikes, play ball.  We met our new neighbors and they told us about their house projects and how much they love living here.  My friend Sally (from down the alley), who bought a house on our block with me as her realtor, told him I said it's like living in the country.  Thank goodness, he agreed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment