Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 23 - 342 Days to go

Alex went to school with Logan today so I took Lexi walking.  Lexi is a self-professed country girl who cannot see what is good about a city.  She did enjoy Park Meadows mall,  the Brown Palace, loved the decorations at the Old Spaghetti Factory downtown, and planned a trip to the Molly Brown house so she could see a historic house.  I thought it would be fun to take her downtown to show her part of my walk from yesterday.  We parked near Ink coffee shop on Little Raven and walked to the river.  It was another windy day so it was cold by the water.  Then we crossed over the pedestrian bridge towards downtown so she could see the yarn graffiti.  A few of summers ago, I went to Kansas to visit her and showed her how to knit and crochet.  She picked it up immediately and we had lots of fun making things.  Our next stop was the Tattered Cover in Lodo.  This is such an amazing store.  Lexi definitely shares my love of reading so we wandered through looking at books after having a hot drink and snack in the cafe.  I told her she could pick one book.  She really liked one of the hardcover books, but was appalled at the price so she found another book that cost less than half of the first.

We have ended the day in Carbondale at my in-laws home.  They are both out of town and it was so strange walking into their silent house.  When I looked at Abby and saw how sad she looked, I burst into tears.   Sometimes you don't realize how much you miss your loved ones until it smacks you in the face.

The good news is Greg came home from California today.  Life is so much nicer with him around:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment