Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 22 - 343 Days to go

Tonight I took advantage of having a built in babysitter in the house and dropped the kids at a movie at Pavilions.  I broke my rule of no movies during the school week (sometimes those rules are meant to be broken).  I rode the shuttle bus for a bit and then walked to Vitamin Cottage and back.  It was such a beautiful walk.  I felt really pleased with myself for using that time for something that would raise my vibration.  I almost felt like I was on a trip to somewhere exotic since this is the last thing I normally do on a week night.  While I was walking, I saw some interesting things and made a list in my head of things I love about downtown Denver.

the free shuttle bus on the 16th St. Mall
Tattered Cover Bookstore
Barnes and Noble Bookstore
Street musicians - even the ones that weren't very good, but were so serious about their music
Classical music playing on the speakers outside McDonald's
the Walgreen's I walked to from our house on California St. to buy a pregnancy test when I was pregnant with Logan
the spot where I ran into Auntie Judy a few days after I moved to Denver
the spot where I ran into Uncle Johnny and he walked me home
the yarn graffiti
the bridge over the train tracks
the bridge over the Platte River
Union Station
the skate park (I can still hear the boys cheering for Logan when he dropped into the deepest bowl)
the city lights
the giant bear peaking into the convention center
the two dancing statues outside the performing arts center
the performing arts center where we have seen Logan perform
Pavilions for movies, food, and shopping
Hotel Monaco where Greg and I stayed for a previous anniversary and then stayed with the kids for fun

I also took a few pictures with my iPhone to share.
                                              



                                                               

Yarn Graffiti Construction Site



Yarn Graffiti


Sunset on the Platte


Window Quotes



No comments:

Post a Comment