Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 13 - 352 days to go

We had an early morning dental appointment so we missed walking to school again. On the way to school we drove by the vet so we stopped to pick up Tweety and Lola. Lola died late yesterday afternoon. Abby was so sad she cried herself to sleep, cried during her sleep, and cried when she woke up. I felt so bad that I cried when I moved the cage out of Abby's room and moved things around so it would feel nice and new.

I snuck a quick walk in this afternoon. I parked at the kids' school and previewed a couple of houses nearby and then walked on the 7th Avenue parkway. It was so windy today I felt like I couldn't catch my breath. I always think about the pioneer people who supposedly went crazy when it was windy for days on end. I can relate. Wind makes it hard for me to feel grounded -like my energy is being swirled around.

After school we had the funeral for Tweety and Lola. We buried them by the bird bath in our back yard. We took turns saying something about the birds. Abby said it was funny how they would try to read with daddy when he read to her at bedtime. Logan said he will miss how annoying they were (I guess I can't deny any longer that Logan is almost a teenager). Greg said he was glad the birds were such good friends to Abby. I said that I will miss them singing to the Rodrigo y Gabriela Tamacun song (their favorite song). We each put a handful of dirt on the grave and then Abby, with tears running down her cheeks, finished burying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment