Saturday, March 12, 2011

Day 3 - 362 Days to go

Somehow I managed to talk Abby into walking to the library with me this morning (to be honest I bribed her by offering to take her shoe shopping). She rode her scooter which made for a very fast walk. It must have been a good pace for Coalie because he was very well behaved (miracles never cease). I thought about how walking is such a good way to tune into my environment. As much I as I like to run, walking is a great pace to really notice what's around me. Today I noticed there were tons more cars in the neighborhood including a four car accident. I had forgotten there was major construction, but seeing the traffic jams helped me avoid getting stuck in it later when we drove to the mall for shoes.

While we walked, Abby and I talked about why it's important to me to walk. I told her about my sadatude and together we decided walking would help me get a gladitude (my iPad keeps trying to turn gladitude into blackbird...)

Since our walk to the library was only a mile, I wanted to get a second walk in today. Abby and I met Greg and Logan in the mountains and Greg and Coalie came with me for my evening walk. Walking in Georgetown is so much fun (except for the mountain lion risk). There are so many cute houses and shops to see and the views are incredible. Tonight the stars were really bright. We walked by a new house for sale on Rose St. It's a big Victorian house with a wrap around porch. I have noticed it for awhile since I covet the beautiful and huge side yard. I can't wait to look at it. We walked a mile and thankfully did not meet a mountain lion tonight.

On somewhat of a side note, I had tea with my dear friends today at the brown palace. We have been friends since our children were babies and still call our group the baby group. Today we got together for our friend who has cancer and to offer our support to her. She is an amazing woman who has the best attitude about life. It was so wonderful to see everyone and to reconnect. I left in awe of our connections and the things we have all experienced in the last few years. I also left with promises of walks to come. I can't wait:-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to think there are 362 more wonderful posts like this to come- you inspire me.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey. Mostly, thank you for your honesty. Your saditude made me acknowledge my own and do something about it.

    I've started a blog, too. The first days I've been looking saditude in the face and finding a focus for the blog.

    You are having a ripple effect.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliabeth, the feeling is mutual! Julie, I can't tell you enough how happy it makes me to hear that this has helped you too. I would love to keep up with your journey as well.

    ReplyDelete