Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 8 - 357 Days to go

Today Logan and I walked to school with his friend.  Even though it was fun watching the boys longboarding and ripsticking, I was having a hard time enjoying the walk.  I was thinking, what in the world did I commit myself to - a whole year of walking and blogging - am I crazy?  I was thinking how could I continue spending so much time walking when I have so many things to do.  The funny thing is, it doesn't seem like I have less time.  I managed to accomplish some things today that I had really put off.  I delivered taxes to the accountant, picked up a check from work, went to the bank, previewed a house, and researched some properties for a client.

Later in the day, I went with my mom to a doctor appointment.  While we were out, the nursing home moved her to another floor.  She has dementia so doesn't understand why she doesn't feel comfortable in the new space.  We were sitting in her room when I heard my friend, Trina.  She is the social worker for that floor and was with my mom's friend Billy.  Billy also moved to another floor today and was having a very hard time with it.  We wheeled Billy into mom's room and they were instantly happy.  They told us all that they were very good friends and they each thought the other person was the sweetest person ever.   I agree with them.

I love running into Billy.  The first time I met him he told me about his three rules for living a good life:

1.  Never complain
2.  Never speak badly about another
3.  Treat everyone with love

1 comment:

  1. Billy has the right idea...and so do you. I love your walking plan. Thank you for reminding me! I want to walk with you...so tell me your schedule between now and next Friday.

    ReplyDelete