Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 19 - 346 Days to go

Today I got two walks in.  My niece and nephew (Lexi and Alex) are staying with us for the week (Yippee!!) so Greg and I took them to Park Meadows mall today.  We walked around the mall twice and watched Alex ride the escalator up and down at least a dozen times.  The second walk was around the neighborhood tonight for a mile with Lexie.  I got tired watching her do her drills.  It's been almost two years since we've seen them and they both have grown at least a foot.  This morning we went by the nursing home to see my mom.  She used to take care of them a lot when they were little.  It surprised me when she recognized them right away.  She was the happiest I have seen her in ages.  It was a mixture of happiness and awe.  Dementia is such an interesting thing because then I saw a cloud pass over her and she said, "But I have missed so much of them growing up."  It has been 6 years since they have seen each other.  Tomorrow I am going to take all the grandkids at once to see her.  I can't wait:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment