Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 15 - 350 Days to go

I had my whole day planned today.  I had real estate research and paperwork, laundry, and staying put tasks on the list of things to do.  The nursing home called before the kids went to school to let me know that mom has another urinary track infection, her lungs look a little better from the pneumonia, and by the way they are sending her to the ER because she pulled her nephrostomy tube out (ouch!).  So, I spent most of the day in the hospital with mom.  I still managed to walk a bit.  From the ER to radiology where they put a new nephrostomy tube in was .25 miles.  From the ER to the 5th floor where she was admitted was also .25 miles.  I asked the person who pushed her upstairs if he ever wore a pedometer and he said he did once and walked 7 miles during the day.  He said knowing how far he walked made him more tired so he doesn't wear it anymore.  His name was Rhett and yes his mom did love Gone with the Wind.

I picked up Logan from school early because he was feeling lightheaded again, but luckily did not faint today.  He was great company at the hospital.  He was also lots of help when mom refused to move to the table in Radiology.  Just seeing Logan helps her to be more compliant. 

Mom started to get "sun downers" around 7 so we bolted.  It's like the "witching hour" with babies.  She gets more confused and grumpy in the early evening.  I worked for a bit and then texted my friend Sally to see if she wanted to walk.  We walked and talked for 2 miles.  It's always so nice to catch up with her and was a great way to take care of myself after a long day. 

Abby is feeling a bit better.  Tonight when I tucked her in, I asked her why she draped her sleeping bag over the railing of her loft bed.  She said it was so she couldn't see where her birds used to be.  Last night when I tucked her in, she said, "Mommy, thank you for being so supportive about my birds."

No comments:

Post a Comment