Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 2 - 363 Days to go

All in all, I think the walk yesterday did help with my mood.  Besides a small headache and much needed catnap (with all my kitties), I really felt pretty good.  I made a healthy dinner for my family and went out and showed houses.  I was also able to wake up at 5:30 today again without an alarm. 

The walk today took a little more finagling.  I was supposed to drive carpool (thank you husband for taking that on) and had a coffee date scheduled with my sweetie after drop off.  I figured I would just walk to school today and meet Greg at school for our coffee date.  It's funny how two miles seemed so short and to think on Wednesday or most of the days this past year I didn't walk at all. 

Once carpool was taken care of, I had to figure out what to wear that would be comfy for walking and nice for our coffee date and business enough to show houses after coffee.  Any of my friends that have seen me in the last three years know my knee high black Clark boots that I wear almost every day so that is what I put on.  I have to say they weren't the comfiest shoes for walking, but they worked fine.  I would love ideas of cute and comfy walking shoes that can multitask.

I did bring Coalie again today (he had to stay in the car for the coffee date) and he was better behaved than yesterday.  Do you think this might make him a better dog?  I can only dream.

Logan is so excited about walking with me.  When I talked to Abby again about the plan to walk every day, she looked horrified.  I'm not sure when I will get her to walk with me...I am going to try tomorrow since Logan and Greg will be skiing.  Wish me luck. 

The two miles with Logan was definitely worth the time and energy.  I have probably had more time with him in the last two days than I have had in the last month or maybe even since Abby was born. LOL  This morning we left our house and cut across the golf course and then City Park.  Logan got a picture of the view, but included the water jet area while he dreamed about summer.  It's the cement pad that looks like an airstrip.  We also got a picture of us with the wind blowing like crazy (my hair doesn't usually look like that:-).  We had an interesting talk about how the little things in life are sometimes the things that make a huge difference.  We thought about our walks and the things that might happen for us - we may meet new friends, see something different, make decisions that impact our life...Five blocks from school we stopped to look at a Victorian triplex for sale.  While we were contemplating what it would look like if it were fixed up, we heard Logan's name.  One of his classmates saw us from her attic bedroom window in the house next door.  She was out the door within a minute and finished the walk with us.  Sometimes we will meet old friends on our walks too.

Reading everyone's wonderful comments yesterday were probably the biggest energy lift of all - thank you dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment