Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 34 - 331 Days to go

Abby was home sick today so it was late and dark when Logan, Coalie and I headed out for a walk.  We walked through our neighborhood and met a couple who bought a house we showed a few years ago.  The house needed tons of work, but had beautiful woodwork throughout.  When I showed it, my client had her son and I had Logan and Abby so the kids played while we looked at the house.  Most of the time the kids were in the back yard, but I kept thinking I heard someone walk behind us.  I even heard a door close a couple of times.  When my client and I walked outside, she said, "I guess we weren't alone in the house today."  I was tempted to ask the couple if they had a ghost, but instead I asked them about their kitchen.  The house had the type of kitchen that you could probably only live with for a day.  They said they won a renovation on "Renovation Rescue" and had the kitchen done then.  It took two weeks.  I thought about our kitchen renovation last year and how it took 3 months.  It was so dusty and dirty that I found a hotel for us for a few days during the first month of renovation.  I booked the hotel through priceline ($50/night in Cherry Creek - little did I know Cherry Creek stretches all the way to I25) at 5:00 in the morning and sent Greg an email.  He looked at his email before I saw him that morning and was a little surprised.  At least it's not like my mom changing houses when my dad was away on a basic training weekend.   

No comments:

Post a Comment