Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 31 - 334 Days to go

Today was so full of getting ready for spring that I barely had time to walk.  We rushed around getting a new grill, going to a friend's estate sale, checking on an upcoming listing, working on an inspection notice (after the worst inspection/inspector ever), and doing yard work.  We had planned to go to a party with parents from the children's school, but our babysitter had to work tonight so we opted for a late movie after she finished work.  This is where we got creative to get my walk in.  We parked at the furthest parking lot from Harkins Theater and walked to the movie and then walked back to the car after the movie.  The after walk was chilly.  It was fun to incorporate a short walk with my hubby on our date night.  I haven't yet decided if the movie was fun.  "Limitless" was thought provoking, but I don't like movies where you just keep waiting for the train wreck.  That kind of movie does not raise my vibrations.  I like movies that are interesting, thought provoking, pretty (nice houses and landscape, of course), witty (not slapstick funny), and have some kind of message to deliver.  Some of my favorite movies:

Chocolate
August Rush
Under the Tuscan Sun (although the book was much better)
The Pursuit of Happiness
Mr. Magoriums Emporium

2 comments:

  1. We just saw Adjustment Bureau--highly recommend and there's much ado about buildings and rooms and the doorways between them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. That was the other one we were thinking about seeing. Do you have any other movie suggestions? I think I need to add to my favorite movie list. I did forget to put It's Complicated on the list. Love the house, garden and restaurant!

    ReplyDelete