Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 26 - 339 Days to go

I went for a walk this evening on the golf course with Coalie.  We waited until dusk and walked until the city lit the sky.  This is one of my favorite walks and I was sad that I didn't get a chance to bring the kids here when Lexi and Alex visited.  They went back home today and we will all miss them very much.  Logan also left for tour this morning for a week.  This is the second time Logan has been away this long and we all feel a bit lost without him.  Needless to say, our house is very quiet.

As I walked and missed the kids, I thought of the things that I want to do with them the next time they come to visit. 
Walk on the golf course at night
Go to red rocks
Hike at our favorite spot in the mountains

It was hard to make my usual lists since I was so busy missing them.  I thought about the morning I spent with Alex after we dropped Logan off.  We met Greg at Starbucks and Alex looked around in amazement.  He said, "Aunt Nae, it's just like on the movies.  They have laptops and everything."  On the way home he said how much he loved the city and decided he was a "citry."  A boy who likes the city and the country.   That made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment